Re: HIT rate first level Web cache compared to Top-level Web cac

From: Bill Wichers <billw@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 1997 14:58:16 -0400 (EDT)

I use 32768 for my maximum_object_size. My goal was to be able to cache
new releases of Netscape and MSIE, since those are hot download items for
clients. I think the amount of RAM and VM will limit what you can use for
maximum_object_size more than the size of your cache. I run 32768 on both
a 2 gig cache and a 512 MB backup cache, and I think I run it on all the
other cache's I maintain but I can't remember (it's harder to work on
remote machines :-).

        -Bill kb8wyp