RE: CGI, Cookies and caching...

From: Michael Pelletier <mikep@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 1997 15:49:32 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 3 Sep 1997, Redfern Ian wrote:

> I put & in my cache_stoplist pattern, to cope with the people who don't
> understand that they should use ?, or at least an immediate Expires:
> header.
>
> cache_stoplist cgi-bin htbin cgi-win ? & .cgi .asp

I also needed to set my heirarchy_stoplist. It appears that the problem
is that they're using the name "sbin" for their binary directory, instead
of "cgi-bin", so that's not covered by the stoplists, and they're also not
setting expirations on the pages. Shall we add this site
(www.atvantage.com) to the list of cache-unfriendly sites? ;-)

The fix was to add "sbin" to the cache_ and heirarchy_ stoplists.

        -Mike Pelletier.