Squid and dialing on demand ...

From: Marco Solari <koinesistemi@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 1997 10:04:59 +0200

        Dear squid sirs ;-)
I'm using Your wonderful 'squid' package with great satisfaction since a
couple of days (I'm a Linux system admin, but quite a newbe in web stuff
...). Well, I'm trying, now, to add some 'dial on demand' facility to the
system (it's quite a must, we just have a PPP dynamic (ISDN) link to an ISP
to go out to the Internet ...), but I'm getting quite confused: I tryed the
free package 'diald' (the only one I found, out there ...), but it seems to
behave quite like a proxy by itself, and I can't figure out how to let it
coexist with squid ... If somebody of You could help me someway I'd be
thankful - forever ;-)

        Best regards from Italy

        Marco Solari