Re: stopping transfer when user quits

From: Martin Boening <boening.pad@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 97 11:25:36 MEST

Hi.

you wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The netscape proxy server stops downloading if the client cancels
> and the file is below a certain percentage downloaded. How do I
> configure this for squid and for ftpget?

Take a look at the quick_abort option in squid.conf. It should do what you
want here.

E.g., we have "quick_abort 50 90 200", which is supposed to mean that an
aborted ftp-transfer is finished by the proxy, if less than 50 KByte are
yet to be retrieved or the transfer is 90% complete. If more than 200 KByte
remain to be retrieved, the transfer is aborted, unless the 90% criterium
is true. Thats what the documentation says, anyhow.

Have fun.

Best Regards
Martin Boening
Internet Administration Paderborn

--
Martin Boening, MB3792            | boening.pad@sni.de
SBS IP 17, Heinz-Nixdorf-Ring 1, D-33106 Paderborn, Germany