RE: Stoopid kwestion...

From: Rodney van den Oever <roever@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 1997 20:07:37 +0200

read the FAQ will ya!

:-)

-----Original Message-----
From: Matthew Petach [SMTP:mattp@Internex.NET]
Sent: Wednesday, September 10, 1997 8:02 PM
To: squid-users@nlanr.net
Subject: Stoopid kwestion...

I know y'all are going to tell me to RTFM, so I'll just
pull out a whip and flog myself as pennance first anyhow,
but I've got a really stupid configuration question:

Is it possible to configure squid to transparently
intercept ALL http and ftp requests and cache/proxy
them without having to modify the end user's browser
settings? I.e., all traffic on port 80 on a given
link would have to pass through a squid server running
on port 80, which would transparently respond to the
query without the end browser having to re-formulate
the query in cache-friendly manner.