Re: Stoopid kwestion...

From: Matthew Petach <mattp@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 1997 15:46:13 -0700 (PDT)

Recently, Shane Anderson talked about "Re: Stoopid kwestion...", and said

> Forgive me if I don't know quite what I'm talking about, but isn't
> this a job for transparent proxy support under Linux? The help for
> it under make menuconfig leads me to believe this is exactly what
> you're looking for. And if it's not quite right, then you can help
> write/fix code to do what you want there.. :)

That takes care of one protocol. I had been hoping that
the same ftpget caching, etc. could also be used to make
squid into a more general purpose cache, as we need to
cache most bulk-transfer protocols for this situation.

As you said, it's time to write/fix some code... :-)

> -= Shane Anderson ======== Infrared Solutions, Inc. =-
> -= shane@nve.com =============== (612) 551-0003 x29 =-

Matt

--
InterNex Information Services   |           Matthew Petach
Network Engineering             |           mpetach@internex.net