Re: Squid connection retry problem -- fd leak?

From: Apiset Tananchai <aet@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 1997 11:49:31 +0700 (ICT)

On Sun, 14 Sep 1997, Mark Visser wrote:

> On Sun, 14 Sep 1997, Apiset Tananchai wrote:
>
> > > What kind of connection load do you see? My largest FD in use is 43, and
> > > there's none in use betwen 28 and 43, and I get about 1000 - 2000
> > > connections per hour. Of course, it's early morning here and it
> > > log-rotated last night.
> >
> > Hm...our server is getting ~20000 connection/hour. I used to get around
> > 30000 connection/hour during peak load. Output from netstat shows that our
> > server had around 200-300 tcp connections during that time. As I told you
> > below, most fds were hanging in writing state.
>
> <snip>
>
> Looks like a problem with not closing FD's. Try 1.NOVM.16. I had the same
> problem, although on Solaris 2.4, but it's over now with 1.NOVM.16.

Thanks for you note. I'll try that (with modified retry patch from Oscar)
and see if things better. By the way, why squid homepage does not has a
link to 1.1.16 or 1.NOVM.16 yet? I got one post from Oscar about
modification to retry patch to work with NOVM.16 but when I'm check squid
homepage I found that there is no link to NOVM.16 yet. So I think that it
maybe still in pre-release and I have to wait till it officially release.

Is NOVM.16 in http://squid.nlanr.net/Squid/1.NOVM/1.NOVM.16/ the official
release and ready for use?

--
aet