Re: Squid connection retry problem -- fd leak?

From: Mark Visser <mark@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 14 Sep 1997 13:34:13 +0200 (MET DST)

On Sun, 14 Sep 1997, Apiset Tananchai wrote:

> > > A couple of days ago I just patch my squid NOVM 1.1.14 with your
> > > connection retry patch and found that my squid start to constantly consume
> > > more and more fd. Currently I use Oscar & Michael 3000fd patch to increase
> > > number of fd for squid so it's not bomb yet. :)
> >
> > What kind of connection load do you see? My largest FD in use is 43, and
> > there's none in use betwen 28 and 43, and I get about 1000 - 2000
> > connections per hour. Of course, it's early morning here and it
> > log-rotated last night.
>
> Hm...our server is getting ~20000 connection/hour. I used to get around
> 30000 connection/hour during peak load. Output from netstat shows that our
> server had around 200-300 tcp connections during that time. As I told you
> below, most fds were hanging in writing state.

<snip>

Looks like a problem with not closing FD's. Try 1.NOVM.16. I had the same
problem, although on Solaris 2.4, but it's over now with 1.NOVM.16.

Mark

Mark Visser | Student Civiele Technologie & Management
Calslaan 26 - 31 | E-mail: mark@cal026031.student.utwente.nl
7522 MC Enschede | SNT-mail: mark@snt.student.utwente.nl
Telephone: 053-4895038 |
Warning: You can get rid of all the bugs by disabling them from the main menu.