Re: diskstriping or muliple cachedirs

From: Oskar Pearson <oskar@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 1997 19:26:34 +0200

Hi

> > Ik was wondering wether it would be better to spread the
> > cachedirs over the disks or tripe the disks and have one
> > cachedir on the concated disk.

I would suggest striping the disks at an OS level... I tried it the
other way for a while, and had hassles because the disk partitions were
never quite the same size... this meant that I would suddenly run out of
space, even though one of the disks had a few 100 megs free..

and squid would crash... sigh.

Oskar