Re: Expanding Disk Space

From: Peter Marelas <maral@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 1997 00:28:49 +1000 (EST)

On Mon, 15 Sep 1997, Daniel Schneider wrote:

> Hi,
>
> can someone point me or send me an script /documentation for expanding
> hard disk space WITHOUT losing my cache? I know this has been discussed
> but I could not find it.

Consider some intelligent Volume Management software like Veritas Volume
Manager for Solaris or similar for your OS, if your constantly increasing
the capacity. They allow you to grow filesystems with no data loss or
disruption to service.

Regards
Peter Marelas

--
Phase One Interactive - Sun Solaris/Unix/Networking Consultant
P.O Box 549, Templestowe 3106 Melbourne, Australia