Re: DNSServer???

From: Marc Delisle <DelislMa@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 1997 17:10:32 -0400

MARK BREIBART wrote:

I'm new to Squid and am looking for some help with a problem.  Our college used
to have a web site on a local machine, with the address www.newbury.edu.  We
now have a new web site hosted on our Internet Provider's system.  Anyone
outside our college who points their browser to our address gets our new web
site.  Anyone within the college, however, who does the same, gets our old
site.  We can get the new site only by using the IP address, not the name.  The
only file I can find that defines "www.newbury.edu" is the /etc/hosts  file,
and I commented that line out (which was pointing to our local machine).
It did not solve the problem, however.  Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thnx very much.

Mark Breibart
mark@newbury.edu

dig www.newbury.edu

;; ANSWERS:
www.newbury.edu.        87893   A       209.61.69.77

That's what the DNS tells me. Maybe the RR in your name server is not up to date because the TTL is not expired?

--
Marc Delisle
Service Informatique