Re: idea for making better the binary tree code for ACL's

From: Stefan Monnier <monnier+lists/squid/news/@dont-contact.us>
Date: 17 Sep 1997 14:08:14 -0400

"Tom Minchin" <tom@interact.net.au> writes:
> It would nice to compact all those "http://www." prefixs into a dictionary
> lookup.

Maybe a prefix-tree will provide the best of all worlds ?

> Hopefully a substantial memory saving will result as we find the

I doubt that memory useage will be influenced by such a change. Memory is
mostly used to keep location info for every single page that's in the cache:
each object in the cache uses up a few bytes in memory and there's no way
to get around that with Squid, as far as I can tell.

        Stefan