Re: (114) Operation already in progress

From: Oliver Jones <orj@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 1997 23:17:05 +1200

At 10:39 18/09/97 +0200, you wrote:
>> 97/09/18 02:15:50| ERR_CONNECT_FAIL:
>> http://download.macromedia.com/pub/flash2/Flash2trial.EXE
>
>If you try and ping the site you will get no response. It basically
>means that the host didn't respond to your attempt at establishing a
>network connection.

The thing is that I wait a minute or two and try again (or even straight
away) and I get connected. The error message "operation already in
progress" does not lead you to think that there was a failure to connect
instead it makes you think that the proxy is too busy or something. It is
an extreemly vague response which I think needs to be corrected with one
that actually reflects what is happening!

Ciao

--
- Oliver Jones -- orj@ihug.co.nz - Director / Deeper Design Ltd -