Re: idea for making better the binary tree code for ACL's

From: Stefan Monnier <monnier+lists/squid/news/@dont-contact.us>
Date: 18 Sep 1997 19:52:19 -0400

Gregory Maxwell <nullc@nightshade.z.ml.org> writes:
> Maby it would be possible to impliment a sort of fast
> compression/decompression such that all the url strings stored in memory

That's more or less what a prefix tree would do, except that it would
additionally be fast. Well, honestly I don't know if a prefix tree is usable in
this specific case. Anyone cares to explain why splay and binary trees have
been implemented but not prefix-trees (which seem like an obvious alternative
for "matching the beginning of a string against several prefixes").

        Stefan