Re: Transparent Proxy Support on Cisco / Bay via Policy Based Routing

From: David Luyer <luyer@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 1997 18:06:17 +0800 (WST)

On 22 Sep 1997, Miquel van Smoorenburg wrote:
>I have never tried it, but I think on a Cisco you should be able to
>do it with a route map like:

[...]

>route-map redir permit 10
> match ip address 110
> set ip next-hop 1.2.3.4 (squid ip addr)
>route-map redir permit 20

In many cases you may want to set the default gateway instead of the next
hop - so that you only override if there isn't a local route, since
sending local stuff to the proxy can 1) make it go to an offsite parent or
2) slow it down sometimes (if squid is loaded) and 3) put localish objects
in your cache (may be a waste).

David.