Re: My parent stopped responding, and it messed me up...

From: Michael Pelletier <mikep@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 1997 13:48:50 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 25 Sep 1997, Bill Wichers wrote:

> Turn source_ping on. source_ping lets squid include the original site
> along with any parents/siblings when it decides where to fetch an object
> from. source_ping is off by default.

Hm, interesting. I thought that if it could determine that the parent was
down that it would just revert to the original site unless you had
firewall options set. Thanks for the tip, hopefully that'll do the trick.
A better solution of course would be to have the upstream cache not
crashing, but oh well... :-)

        -Mike.