RE: access log files for virtual domain

From: S.L. Chan <slechan@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 1997 11:20:06 -0700

At 05:53 PM 9/26/97 +0100, you wrote:
>Yes, it works like that. Squid is placing the requests, so it has the
>address.
>
>However, you can get Apache to log the X-Forwarded-For header that Squid
>adds, which will give you the info you need. Try
>LogFormat "%{X-Forwarded-For}i %l %u %t \"%r\" %s %b \"%{Referer}i\"
>\"%{User-Agent}i\""
>
>Ian Redfern (redferni@logica.com).

Thank you for your reply. I am working on it now.
I just notice one thing. How about the hits I will record on the individual
virtual host log files. Since the squid is caching lots of objects,
therefore the number of hits I got from the web server log file will be
much lesser than it should be. Is that true?

Chan.