Q: behaviour when real server down

From: Josef Pojsl <Josef.Pojsl@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 1997 17:26:58 +0200 (MET DST)

Hello,

please forgive me if this question is stupid or so. I have come through
the Squid docs and have not found the answer.

My question is what can Squid do when there is a query for a document
which is in the cache but expired, and the real server does not respond.
According to my observation, Squid gives an error page. Could it be
configured to return the expired page from cache in this case?

Thanks in advance.

--Josef