Re: Q: behaviour when real server down

From: Cefiar <cefiar@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 1997 22:29:06 +1000 (EST)

On Mon, 29 Sep 1997, Josef Pojsl wrote:

> My question is what can Squid do when there is a query for a document
> which is in the cache but expired, and the real server does not respond.
> According to my observation, Squid gives an error page. Could it be
> configured to return the expired page from cache in this case?

I think it'd be good if it could return the error page, but that page has
a link to load the "old" page if the user wants it.

This could all be configured in squid.conf, with the ability to add ACL
control to wether or not it shows the link to the old page...

Just a thought...

| http://amarok.glasswings.com.au/ | cefiar@amarok.glasswings.com.au |
| Jake and Elwood - The Blues Brothers! |
| "You traded it?! You traded the Blues Mobile for this?" |
| "No. For a microphone." "A microphone? OK I can see that." |