Re: proposed (minor) changes in squid

From: <carson@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 1997 14:12:50 -0400 (EDT)

>>>>> "Marc" == Marc van Selm <marc.van.selm@nc3a.nato.int> writes:

Marc> Some of them I just don't dare to mention: like a proxy-name and Forwarded
Marc> for spoof (just for fun), caching of cookies and temp-redirects (the last
Marc> one is used by a few popular sites in The Netherlands for example as a
Marc> permanent redirect to the main-page. Again not really according to the
Marc> standard but a bit annoying).
Marc> These are a bit exotic but the 2 suggestions I raised might have use for the
Marc> squid-community in general.

No! If you start caching temporary redirects again and break the !@#$%$%
code I had to fix in squid way back when I'll...I'll...do something _really_
horrible!

You may _not_ cache temporary redirects. Ever. For any reason.

Ok, well, maybe per-host, something like:

stupid_broken_temp_redirect_hosts: www.idiot.org

But if you cache temp redirs in general, you break _many_ pages (like the NY
Times).

--
Carson Gaspar -- carson@cs.columbia.edu carson@tla.org carson@cugc.org
http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~carson/home.html