Re: proposed (minor) changes in squid

From: Miquel van Smoorenburg <miquels@dont-contact.us>
Date: 1 Oct 1997 22:56:31 +0200

In article <2.2.32.19971001083742.0033bb1c@nc3a.nato.int>,
Marc van Selm <marc.van.selm@nc3a.nato.int> wrote:
>2 (minor) proposals for changes in squid:
>
>1) Accept hostnames with '_'
>2) ICP hits for stale (icp_hit_stale on) only for some sites.
>
>1) Squid checks the hostname for ileagal characters (which is good) but I've
>found some sites not conforming to the RFC's and using underscores in the
>hostname. These sites produce an error. (It's nice to be conform to the
>standards but when others don't you are lost.)

Well, doesn't matter. We run the latest bind and resolver libraries and they
won't resolve names with a "_" in them anyway. Most other systems will
upgrade to that soon enough.

Mike.

--
| Miquel van Smoorenburg |                                                    |
| miquels@cistron.nl     | Owners of digital watches, your days are numbered. |