Re: Squid & invalid ip's

From: Jim Shankland <jas@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 1997 22:40:52 -0700 (PDT)

Felipe Rivera Marquez <felipe@informador.com.mx> writes:

> I'm using squid as a proxy to a network using invalid ip's .... We
> use a ppp modem link to see internet, and one of us tried to access
> some sites and their pages start to download but then somehow stops
> and the browser window is blank ....

Have you tried accessing these sites directly from the firewall
machine? I may be way off base, but this "smells" to me not like a
squid problem, but like a problem with PPP, TCP segment sizes, and/or
path MTU discovery.

If you set your PPP's MRU to 576, does it work?

Jim Shankland
Flying Fox Computer Systems, Inc.