Re: Filesys problems..

From: David Luyer <luyer@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 1997 10:18:03 +0800 (WST)

On Sun, 19 Oct 1997, Robert Thomas wrote:

>it..) and for no apparent reason, it's corrupting stuff. After a controlled
>shutdown, (altho it wouldn't let me unmount it, even tho fuser said
>nothing was using it) I ended up with 20 odd directories that had become
>corrupted, and over 200 files in lost+found. I've replaced the ram, which

sync;shutdown.
or if you like, sync three times then shutdown. :)

There's a problem if you have say 512M of RAM and a lot used for buffers
and don't sync first - it looks like it times out writing the buffers to
disk, or similar. I've seen it on Linux news servers, too. It tells you
the FS is busy trying to unmount it.

David.