Re: Cisco cache engine / forced caching.

From: Mickey Coggins <mick@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 1997 21:05:26 +0200 (CEsT)

I feel the most interesting part of the cisco cache engine product
is the WCCP (Web Cache Control Protocol ?).

If someone can either get documentation on this or get a sniffer on
the ethernet when this is running, and then write a program that
sits on a squid box, we can get the most interesting feature and
still use our existing caches.

I've already got gigabytes of cache running nicely, and I would
love to have our 7000s "force" our users to use it!

The WCCP seems to handle failure cases better then placing a
box between the users and the cache, AFAICT.

Any takers?

OOB: is there a reason for the digest of this group to be in
     mime format? My ancient elm inflicts pain on me when I
     read mime messages...

--
Mickey