Re: TCP Connection failures

From: David Luyer <luyer@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 1997 09:58:04 +0800

(re: "TCP connection to xxx/3128 failed" problems)

It's most likely a linux bug - up to 2.0.31 you can get "bind - address
already in use" from autobinds or binds to port zero, meaning you fail
connections which are meant to just come from random TCP ports.

I have patched my squid to get around it, making it allow multiple failures
before marking a parent dead but start retrying as soon as it first fails, but
I'm quite sure you'll find the fault lies in your operating system or network.
(or your parent cache's reliability or operating system)

It's probably better to fix the network/machine/OS problems than to patch
squid to handle them.

David.