Re: Optimum HD space.

From: Dancer <dancer@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 1997 12:16:05 +1000

More is better. Absolutely. If you're using IDE drives, go for the largest IDE drive you can jam in. (There appears to be an annoying latency when switching between IDE drives that really slaughters cache performance on busy servers). If you're using SCSI, you can split the cache across a couple of drives without destroying response time.

The most space you can justify should be about right :)

--
Note to evil sorcerers and mad scientists: don't ever, ever summon powerful
demons or rip holes in the fabric of space and time. It's never a good idea.