Re: TCP Connection failures

From: Maki Niwa <makini@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 1997 20:35:35 +0900

Just like Ralph and Rania, I am also in trouble that cause " TCP
Conection failures".
But our squids run on AIX 4.2.1 machines. After connection fail, 1 or 2
minuites later, connection succeed again. That occurs 3 or 4 times in
ONE hour on
each machine both to siblings and a parent.

> On Wed, 29 Oct 1997 09:58:04 +0800, David Luyer <luyer@ucs.uwa.edu.au> wrote:
> >(re: "TCP connection to xxx/3128 failed" problems)
> >
> >It's most likely a linux bug - up to 2.0.31 you can get "bind - address
> >already in use" from autobinds or binds to port zero, meaning you fail
> >connections which are meant to just come from random TCP ports.
> (...)
> >It's probably better to fix the network/machine/OS problems than to patch
> >squid to handle them.

We don't have any linux system. There are 3 proxy servers squid
running,
and parent cache(squid) runs on the firewall. All are AIX machines.

Does anyone have any hint to solve this problem?
Thanks a lot in advance! I'm waiting for your suggestions.

Maki Niwa

Information Technology Solutions Co.,Ltd.
Japan

E-Mail: makini@yamato.ibm.com