Port number for a secure reply

From: Tony Russell <tony@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 1997 15:48:37 +0200

Hi

I am battling with some third party security software for an on-line banking
application. Basically, the browser is configured to talk to the security
app at 127.0.0.1:443 by setting the secure proxy configuration of the
browser. The security app encrypts the data and sends it off to the bank.
When I configure the security app to talk to the outside world thru the
squid cache, it does not work.

The technical people for the security software have asked me if squid sends
the reply back to the client on port 443. Although I am sure that it does, I
can not say that with 100% certainty. Can anyone confirm this for me?

Thanks
Tony Russell Mobile:+27(83)264-0107
Technical Manager Voice:+27(21)689-7090
mailto:tony@oct.co.za http://www.oct.co.za
Open Computer Technology (Pty) Ltd - Cape Town - South Africa