Redirecting squid based on IP address

From: Mario de Mello Bittencourt Neto <mneto@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 1997 10:48:57 -0300 (WDT)

Hi Folks,

  I have a problem with some sites connected to a different backbone
provider than mine. While talking to a friend, that also uses
squid, he said that he could access those sites.

  I was wondering if there is a way to configure squid to access my
friend's cache as a child only for those specific sites. I do not want
to make him a parent of mine since he does not have enough bandwidth...

  A workaround is to create a proxy.pac with a PROXY statement setting
the correct proxy based on the URL. The problem is that I would need to
change in *all* clients...and a more transparent solution would be
great...

  Hope I made myself clear...

  Regards, Mario.