Re: WARNING: Forwarding loop detected

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 08 Nov 1997 14:30:17 +0100

Either you have set up a forwarding loop (by making both parent of the
other...) or you have set the same name for both caches in squid.conf
(visible_hostname).

You should either make one parent of the other, or both siblings to each
other.

parent == always send misses to a parent.
sibling == only if it is in the siblings cache. (the sibling responded
with a ICP hit message)

--
Henrik Nordström