RE: Cached information

From: Armistead, Jason <ARMISTEJ@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 1997 19:07:00 -0500

Thomas

You can analyse a "live" access.log file just fine, even with Squid
running. Or, you can copy it to a temporary location, and analyse it
that way too. There is no reason that I know of that Squid must be
restarted. Restarting Squid doesn't
delete the log file, however rotating the logs will delete the oldest
log in the rotation group. This is all in the FAQ AFAIK

Your cache will be more "useful" then....

Regards

Jason