non-standard ports

From: Ken Piotto <krp@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 97 10:00:53 EST

Hi

I've got squid 1.17 running on a sparc 20/solaris 2.51 and serving about 20
users who proxy from an internal lan. The server is not behind a firewall
but directly accesses the internet. How does squid handle http requests to
non-standard ports? Maybe a better question is, does anyone know what needs
to be configured to allow non-standard port requests? I've tried http-gw
spawned from inetd but I think may be confusing squid right now. Sorry if
this is a FAQ.

Ken

Ken Piotto
Bell Solutions