Re: non-standard ports

From: Oskar Pearson <oskar@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 1997 16:24:43 +0200

Hi

> but directly accesses the internet. How does squid handle http requests to
> non-standard ports? Maybe a better question is, does anyone know what needs
> to be configured to allow non-standard port requests? I've tried http-gw
> spawned from inetd but I think may be confusing squid right now. Sorry if
> this is a FAQ.
If you actually configure squid as your proxy server (ie you don't
transparently proxy it), your client will see things fine:

It normally does:

GET http://www.microsoft.com/ HTTP/1.1
<ENTER>

now it does:

GET http://www.microsoft.com:8080/ HTTP/1.1
<ENTER>

--
"Haven't slept at all. I don't see why people insist on sleeping. You feel
so much better if you don't. And how can anyone want to lose a minute -