Re: refresh patterns and other nitpicks

From: Bertold Kolics <bertold@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 1997 13:03:49 +0100 (MET)

Hi Stefan,

On 14 Nov 1997, Stefan Monnier wrote:
> I fail to see what the problem is: if you have it fresh in cache,
But how can you be sure that next time you access that URL, it will
contain the same content-type??

Freshness calculations can not be based *ONLY* on content-type, since
nothing in the HTTP specification guarantees that the content-type can not
change over time...

I think that a combination on URL regex and content-type is probably a
better idea. (To tell the truth, I also asked this question...)

Cheers,
Bertold