caching of cgi-objects

From: Frank Meissner <meissner@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 1997 15:47:57 +0100 (MET)

Hi Folks,

i set up a webaccelerator for a heavy loaded
database-server. Unfortunatly the URL's of this server (we are using
the informix-web-datablade) containing at least a ? (question-mark)
and usually more then one &... As far as I see, the squid (version
1.1.17) does not cache such pages
(e.g. http://www.interstoff.de/interstoff97/?MIval=framesets). Here
are the necessary (?) lines from my squid.conf:
----8<----8<----8<----8<----8<----8<----8<----8<----8<----
http_port 80
#hierarchy_stoplist cgi-bin ?
hierarchy_stoplist
#cache_stoplist_pattern

httpd_accel www.interstoff.de 80

# TAG: httpd_accel_with_proxy
# If you want to use squid as both a local httpd accelerator
# and as a proxy, change this to 'on'.
#
#httpd_accel_with_proxy off

# TAG: httpd_accel_uses_host_header
# HTTP/1.1 requests include a Host: header which is basically the
# hostname from the URL. Squid can be an accelerator for
# different HTTP servers by looking at this header. However,
# Squid does NOT check the value of the Host header, so it opens
# a big security hole. We recommend that this option remain
# disabled unless you are sure of what you are doing.
#
httpd_accel_uses_host_header off

Of course the computer running squid is _not_ www.interstoff.de.
I tried (with an older version of squid) to set the ip-addresses, but
there was no change.

Perhaps I overlooked something?

thanks,

Frank Meißner

--
Frank Meissner 		Pixelpark Multimedia GmbH
Telefon: ++49+30 34981-511