cache_swap_log on NFS

From: Umar Goldeli <umar@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 1997 07:01:49 -0500 (EST)

Greetings,

OK, I've done something *really* silly.. in my big hurry to set up a large
cache.. I've devoted nearly all available disk space to cache_swap.. out
of a possible 25gb of cache_swap, it is currently at 3.5Gb now... and I've
just realized that the cache_swap_log is already 41 Mb... which means that
by the time it hits 25 Gb... the cache_swap_log will be approx 290 Mb (the
log partition is only 100Mb in size :(

Since I don't want to lose any of the already cached material, and I can't
add a disk etc.. the only idea that I can come up with, is to have the
cache_swap_log on NFS..

Is this bad? Will it live/work/be happy?

What happens if the NFS server isn't up and the cache is rebooted?

Any other considerations/comments/suggestions would be *greatly*
appreciated. :)

Ciao,
Umar.

--