Re: ACL for size.

From: miguel a.l. paraz <map@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 1997 20:39:23 +0800 (HKT)

On Mon, 24 Nov 1997, fatman wrote:

> Is there support for, either currently or in the works for a ACL on size..
> eg: i have 2 servers, one with a large hdd and little ram, other with a
> lot of ram, the latter i want to handle all requests, but for objects
> larger than say 500k to be passed to the first proxy. If anyone knows if
> this is possible or in the works please inform me. Thanks.

You currently cannot, since Squid has no idea how large the objects are
when it selects a sibling. The only way around it is to do a HEAD on
the object and check out the Content-Length, which Squid does not do for
any header.

Regards,

--
miguel a.l. paraz	iphil communications, makati city, ph	+63-2-750-2288