Squid-logs / User-restriction

From: Bjoern A. Zeeb <zeeb@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 1997 21:32:53 +0100

Hi,

even if everything I want to ask is documented soemwhere or has already
often been discussed, I dont' have the time to look it up.

My first question: With the access.log I can find out which client asked
for which information. Is it possible to also get the date/time ?

2. If possible, is there any script around which can sort all inquired
informations for each host and/or in time order ?

3. Can anybody tell me what each column of all the 3 (access.log,
cache.log, store.log) is for ?

4. Is it possible to force squid to deny all inquiries after a number of
Mbs where fetched in a special time (say 100Mb / month) ?

5. Is it possible to do this (4.) for each user (say (5Mb / month) ?

6. If it is yet impossible to do one of the things, would anyone
implement it ?

For explanation : We (a school) have got a limited IP-Volume (http/ftp)
of 100Mb per month. Till now this was no problem but the last two weeks
our users got about 150 Mb ( about 100 Mb images - no porno, no sex !!!)
So my first problem this morning was to filter out the information what
it was and it would have been nice to know who it was to tell them that
they restrict their image-addiction. But without time/date I couldn't do
that. If s.th. like that will happen again I will have to stop any
demands - for that the question about limitation.

bjoern