chrooted environment?

From: <a8505970@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 1997 16:27:14 +0100

I would like to run squid in a chrooted environment for security reasons.
Anybody done this? Are there any cookbooks on how to do that? A patch
maybe? Or any plans for the future to incorporate this feature???

The word "chroot" does not appear anywhere in the distribution files of
v1.1.17; I found a few hints in the mailinglist archive on how to do this
but could not see any ready-made solutions. It would be really nice to
have that feature be included in squid.

Cheers,

 -Michael