Re: squid in linux/alpha?

From: Leigh Porter <leigh@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 1997 07:47:08 +0000

Roberto A. Lumbreras Pastor wrote:

> Hi all.
>
> I've seen messages about squid running in linux/alpha. Now I've
> tried it in a alpha-debian-linux, but squid dies quickly, with
> "Floating point exception (core dumped)". Core files don't help,
> always things undefined. I've tested versions 1.1.17, 1.1.18+retry,
> and 1.1.10-1 from debian, and no luck.
>
> Ideas? Can somebody give me some advice?

Try lifiting the config and running it with the same version of
squid on an Intel box.. Then try compiling debugging in and use
gdb to see where it dies..

But i'd try the config file though, I have had squid die doe to
a divide by zero error with a broken config before.

> #!/usr/bin/perl
> use IO::Socket;
> IO::Socket::INET
> ->new(PeerAddr=>"www.microsoft.com:139")
> ->send("bye", MSG_OOB);

He he, I larfed soo much I accidnetly exited netscape :)

--
Leigh