squid passthrough_proxy

From: Frank Marchan <mmarchan@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 1997 10:01:26 -0600

We are using squid 1.1.18 and are trying to redirect FTP PUTS to a
separate http proxy using the passthrough_proxy statement. Squid and
the http proxy run on the same host. I have tried both of the
passthrough_proxy formats:

  passthrough localhost.domain.com:<http_proxy_port#>

and

  cache_host localhost.domain.com parent <http_proxy_port#> 3130 default
  passthrough localhost.domain.com

but am still not able to perform FTP PUTs. The error in the access log
is:

  "PUT ftp://recess.utdallas.edu/testfile" ERR_UNSUP_REQ:NONE 663

indicating that the PUT is not supported.

Are there other config file changes or Makefile changes required to
be able to passthrough an FTP PUT to a separate proxy that supports it?

Thanks,

Frank Marchan
DSC Communications
mmarchan@dsccc.com