Re: squid passthrough_proxy

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 02 Dec 1997 23:42:52 +0100

No. Squid currently can't handle PUT requests at all. HTTP or FTP does
not matter. It can neither proxy PUT requests at the moment.

I hope to get time to rework the request handling in 1.2, so that Squid
can handle any method in a reasonable way and to be able to implement
FTP PUT without it being a big hack (the FTP part of the code is not a
problem at the moment).

In the meantime, you might be able to get around the limitation by using
a proxy-auto-config java script directing FTP PUT to another proxy..

---
Henrik Nordström
Sparetime Squid Hacker