Re: object oriented Squid ?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 02 Dec 1997 23:59:34 +0100

Dancer wrote:

> One or the other should probably take our focus, and if we're going to OO-ise
> anything, we should OO-ise 1.2, and not 1.1.
> Comments?

If someone makes a god OO design and a basic framework that works, it
guess it could easily be made part of the base distribution, but unless
someone else than Duane volounteers to do this work it is not likely to
happen.

And it is far to late for anything like that in 1.2. Maybe in 1.3 (or
2.0 depending on how big the change are) if there is any such release.

The list of major changes in 1.2 is already to big, and I give proper
HTTP 1.0+ handling (not fully HTTP 1.1, but some parts) a much higher
priority than any design changes at the moment (unless related).

---
Henrik Nordström
Sparetime Squid Hacker