Re: Poor hit/transfer ratio

From: Dancer <dancer@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 04 Dec 1997 01:43:14 +1000

It depends a great deal on the interests of your users, IMO.

At the last company I worked for, support split it's web-research people up, so
they were accessing different lists of sites. We got low hit rates from them,
during business hours...whereas the technical department (somewhat more
unstructured and eclectic) tended to get a higher-percentage of hits. Although
we roamed more widely, in technical, the fact that we had common interests
tended to generate a higher-percentage of cache-hits.

Out of hours, the support people tended to generate more hits, as personal
interests took over their browsing strategies.

--
Note to evil sorcerers and mad scientists: don't ever, ever summon powerful
demons or rip holes in the fabric of space and time. It's never a good idea.