Re: Squid 1.1.16 boot error - SOLVED

From: Dancer <dancer@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 04 Dec 1997 19:21:44 +1000

Takashi Tokunaga wrote: But on boot, I'm still getting following message.

> > On boot, it displays something like:
> > "Dec 3 23:22:26 XXXX squid[163]: Unlinked pipe opend on FD 13.
>
> I haven't figured out why, unlinkd_program is pointing to correct path and
> logs files have correct permission.
> I guess I have to look futher.

No. Don't panic. That's exactly the sort of thing it's supposed to say. It's
telling you that it has opened a control connection to the program 'unlinkd'.
Not that there is a mysterious _unlinked_ pipe. That message is simply telling
you that everything is normal, and that the unlinkd program started up
correctly.

Note to evil sorcerers and mad scientists: don't ever, ever summon powerful
demons or rip holes in the fabric of space and time. It's never a good idea.
ICQ UIN: 3225440