Re: Growing RAM usage by SQUID

From: Tom Minchin <tom@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 6 Dec 1997 23:52:31 +1100 (EST)

We found that vanilla Squid was more likely to fall into swap (which would
result in stalled requests for clients). With NOVM Squid and good SCSI2
hardware (the bulk of the reads/writes being between 2-4k according to the
aic7xxx driver stats), Squid fits neatly into RAM and requests are handled
with good speed during peak time. A weekly shutdown of squid at 4am also
cleans up the swaplog reducing memory.

tom@interact.net.au