Suggestion

From: Dancer <dancer@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 09 Dec 1997 16:45:24 +1000

Having just lost the contents of my cache (well, the swaplog, which
renders the contents of the cache effectively useless), I got to
thinking. What if the appropriate line of the swaplog was written with
each object in the cache? Either prepended as the first line (hardest
option) or written as a dot-file (.nnnnn contains the swaplog info for
object nnnnn. A much simpler solution). That way, even if your swaplog
was completely trashed (as mine was) the cache_dirs would still contain
enough information for a simple script to rebuild it.

Commentary?

Note to evil sorcerers and mad scientists: don't ever, ever summon
powerful
demons or rip holes in the fabric of space and time. It's never a good
idea.
ICQ UIN: 3225440