Re: Restricting one client's access to particular pages

From: Dancer <dancer@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 09 Dec 1997 23:14:48 +1000

You could do it with ACL's (ugly) or a redirection script (neater). The
redirector is given the URL, the request type, and the client address (not in
that particular order) on a line on stdin, and produces one line of stdout
with the URL that Squid should _really_ give them. You can use it to restrict
access to a particular host by returning
http://www.yourdomain/sorry_restricted.html in response to any requests from a
particular source IP that aren't destined for your local servers.

Redirection programs: Not the answer to everything, but a nifty solution to a
great many things.

--
Note to evil sorcerers and mad scientists: don't ever, ever summon powerful
demons or rip holes in the fabric of space and time. It's never a good idea.