Re: ftp-Proxy

From: Dancer <dancer@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 1997 19:13:51 +1000

It's been _many_ years since I've seen an actual ftp-protocol ftp proxy,
but I am forced to assume they still exist.

Squid doesn't know about such things. The ftp protocol does a lot of
back-and-forth exchanges in the course of doing it's job, which is
fundamentally not compatible with the http protocol.

Browsers essentially frame an http-request (get the durn thing), and get
a response (here it is) and leave talking ftp-protocol to the proxy
itself.

So, none of the options below will work with Squid. There _are_ some
Windows ftp clients that understand http-protocol ftp-proxying, but I
don't think ws-ftp is one of them.

--
Note to evil sorcerers and mad scientists: don't ever, ever summon
powerful