Re: Caching pages ready for later use?

From: Alex Rousskov <rousskov@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 1997 08:38:02 -0600 (CST)

On Thu, 11 Dec 1997, Jeremy M. Harmer wrote:

> We're looking for a solution where we can make sure files are cached
> ready for a teaching class to use the following day (or week or whatever).

Here is what I do:

I come to my lecture or presentation ten minutes earlier and just browse all
the pages I am going to use. This will put them both in browser and Squid
caches _if_ they can be cached at all.

If your Squid deletes fresh pages that were accessed a few minutes ago, you
probably need a bigger disk :) At any rate, you will have them in your
browser cache.

I understand that it is not a cool solution, but it is simple, and it works
for me.

Alex.

P.S. If you need something cool, check out The Tennessee Cache Box (TnCB)
Project. Their approach guarantees that data will be in the cache when you
need it:

http://sunsite.utk.edu/net/cachebox/